Monday, September 1, 2008

Miniature Booty Swap #2

My MBS2 quilt arrived on Friday and it is awesome! It is dark blues, hot pinks and variations of gold/orangy stars. The colors are so bold and striking together. Don't you love the quilt label? I have got to figure out how to do that with my machine. The feature is there I just need to find it... ;)

Thanks again to Marlene (http://madamquilter.blogspot.com/) -I love it!!

The process of sorting has begun in preparation for the big move. We moved here 2 years ago in October and we did a HUGE sort and dump so you would think there would not be much. There is more than I would like but overall we did a good job keeping things organized and in their proper homes. The exception is my quilt room and the closet I keep recipes and cookbooks in-dag gone it no one to blame but myself. I tell you what though the next move should be seamless because I am organized now! I spent all day in my sewing room sorting, setting and am ready to sustain! (anyone notice the 5S reference?) I have an old dresser that I kept stuff in but there was no rhyme or reason and I had project pieces in different spots, was using fabric for one thing in another and then having to re-buy.


I went to Target and bought plastic boxes, clear this time, and magazine holders. I then when through the dresser and put all the projects together in one bucket. I was able to save one for the fat quarters that are groups and I don't want to separate but need to wait for that "perfect" project. I see a turning twenty in my future for some of them because I FINALLY found my pattern book! I knew I had one! I have been a subscriber to Quiltmaker Magazine forever and have saved them for just as long-so I sat on the floor flipping through magazines. The criteria to keep was that it had to have more than 3 projects in it that I would consider making-if not I pulled out those I would consider, stapled them together and filed away. What was remaining went in the trash bag-I know almost sacrilegious but I had too-I only could buy 6 magazine holders in the color I wanted and I had to save one for my Cook's Country magazines.

Here are the fruits of that labor:











post signature

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Hi Shelly, I have a Brother embroidery machine and I created the label using PE Design. I uploaded the stars from a store bought card and placed them on either side of the letters. I often embroider my quilt labels.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful quilt!!!
Great job down sizing, sometimes you just have to!