Friday, April 10, 2009

Realization.....

The pre-story......I bought a new sewing machine last summer because after 14 years I wanted more features-stitches actually. The plan with the new machine was that some day I would buy a frame and put that on it and keep my 310 to piece on....well I LOVE the new machine. I love the features, I love the quiet, I love the size, just love it love it love it......SO I think that I will just move the machine back and forth from the frame. Yeah Right-sounded good though didn't it. In the mean time I gave the 310 to my step daughter. So I felt bad for not using my frame so I loaded the new machine on the frame, got quilt loaded, was ready to go and realized that I had forgotten the kitchen towel for the MBIII! I was afraid that if I took the machine off the frame I would postpone using it even longer than I have already. What was a quilter in desperate need to piece to do?????

BUY A NEW MACHINE! I thought about this for all about 10 seconds-just something simple, forward and backwards-Wal Mart surely will be able to fulfill my need for less than $100 (my limit without asking permission-and did I truly want to run it by the hubby???? Not so much). So I come home with a Singer Simple (yeah he noticed but has yet to say much 10 stitches all for $97!! Well a little bit more because of course I had to buy bobbins and needles that would fit.


I am excited now I can keep the new machine on the frame and still have something to piece with-a quilter's dream right????!!! NOPE!


I am a SEWING MACHINE SNOB and I want to piece on my Sapphire and I still want a Long arm on my frame (Bailey-waiting for Cowgirl Quilter to give feedback)!

The Singer is noisy, the needle does not go up and down on it's own, I have yet to find where I can get a 1/4 foot for it, what is up with the strange way the feet attach, it does not automatically cut the thread, it does not go as fast (sure sounds like it is speedy).......My hubby even commented on the loudness of it....oh well.

It is serving a purpose and so far it pieces quite nicely but this will be short term! The drive to save my $$ for the Bailey is heightened! Hurry on the reviews!post signature



PS-this is not intended to offend any Singer sewing machine users-I am a Viking/Husqvarna type of girl. Apologies.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

You are so funny! :) The only machine that I have that did not come from Walmart is my Bailey! :)

I had my surgery on Thursday and still feel like POO! But what little bit that I have played around with my Bailey, I LOVE IT!! I don't know how much you have researched this machine but it is just a very simple machine. Nothing complicated at all, does not have auto thread cutter or auto needle up/down. Just a basic machine with a larger throat! For the money, I love it! I hope to play more with her over the next few days. I will let you know more as I do that. Have you joined the Bailey yahoo group yet? There are several people on there that have not bought one yet but are still looking at them. Everyone on the group just loves their machines!
Kristie