Thursday, October 9, 2008

Where did the time go?

Wow! Time certainly did fly-I can't believe it has been 4 weeks since my last post.
We moved and are slowly settling in and unpacking. We have so much more room than we had at the other house. As we were moving we realized that we had stuff we never unpacked (pictures) because we had no room. In this house we will have to be careful to not buy to fill because eventually we will move again. We would eventually like to be in a slightly milder climate.
Soccer started so Tuesday and Thursday nights are practice while Saturdays are the game plus I am taking a 12 week class on Tuesday nights for my SPHR certification. So whenever possible I need to study so that the money spent on this along with the exam fee are not wasted.
I have gotten some sewing in-mainly just a surprise piece and bindings on some very old UFO's. During the process of moving I organized my sewing stuff and found the 2004 Thimbleberries BOM pieces that I was doing as part of a class. I ended up moving to PA before the classes were finished so I am missing all block from the last 2 books-it was a 4 book series. I was able to find the books on EBay and now am searching for the fabric to somewhat match. My goal is to at least find similar colors versus trying to find the exact fabrics that went along with the books.










Here are pictures of my new sewing room. I love it-now if things would just calm down so I can use it!! Once Soccer finishes I think we can get back to sewing-just in time for holiday sewing.

post signature

No comments: