Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ahhh Sunshine and Warmth....

Nope I am not on vacation but darn close! I am in Atlanta GA on a business trip-I know-coming from Central PA by way of Upstate NY, this is a mini-vacation! I always make sure that I rent my own car and bring Judith (Garmin Nuvi) because you never know when the meetings will not run as long as expected and you can find yourself Quilt Shop Hopping! I have a list ready and Judith programed just in case. Although if the weather at home doesn't improve I am staying here! It is 56 degrees and overcast in downtown Atlanta! A far cry from ice, snow, ice and no school! Poor Zach-school at least distracts him so that he is not focused on that fact that I am not there. Scott might have to step up and hand over the remote control and allow it to be on a kid friendly channel (CNN Junkie!!) otherwise he will have a sad boy on his hands. Apparently the dog is having a rough time. She keeps looking at the doors and listening for the garage door-the morning report said that she barked at anything yesterday. Poor baby-nope I have not left her in the year we have had her. If I did leave her she was boarded at her favorite Puppy Hotel so she didn't miss us.

My goals for quilt shop excursions are:

  • Henry Glass Buggy Barn Cafe Mocha-I want to see the colors before purchasing
  • Left Overs of the Moda Christmas line with the Ball Ornaments-I will know it when I see it.
  • I want a deep red with an ivory print on it that does not have people or farm animals plus a tone on tone red to match
  • Fabric for a quilt for my nephew (Hi Seth!) no idea what theme another thing that I will know when I see it.

No other goals just to wander and look-oh yeah I WANT the French Roses pattern by Heather French or the Quilt Pink book that it was featured in.

post signature

No comments: