Thursday, March 5, 2009

Nursing and Sewing

I have been home nursing the hubby after neck/spine surgery and have gotten a lot of sewing done while he has napped. I was able to finish the daggone stained glass wall hanging and now it joins the "to be quilted" pile. I was going to then start my Miniature Booty Swap III wall hanging but found that I had no appropriate fabric-I was stunned and had to look twice to make sure-nope nothing. Well that meant a little bit of Internet shopping was in order. I found the perfect fabrics at the Fat Quarter Shop and of course their service was impeccable-ordered on Monday in my hands on Thursday!

Ok so the MBIII was out as a project-what to do-Ohh I know, I know-my thangles Buck a Block of the Month. So out it came and was done in 15 minutes-the hubby was still sleeping so I had to find something to do.

So I moved on to my Debbie Mumm block of the month blocks. This one might actually do the trick as I waited for my FQS order to arrive. I got out the fabrics and directions-cut all the strips out and moved forward. I got one block done, moved to the 2nd block only to find that I cut one of the fabrics wrong!! Ugh-back to the Internet to buy a replacement piece. So now what....I rented Australia and made do with that.


Today I got my FQS order - I got that all cut out, sat down at the sewing machine to discover that I have NO WHITE thread-I have a zillion shades of off-white, tan, beige, ecru....but no pure, clean , snow white! Crazy. Must be why I stopped on my snowflake table runner-I need white to sew the snowflakes on the top of the pieced top.

So once again I have hit the quilted wall-after the kid is done with Cub Scouts We will be stopping at Walmart for white thread.

Better luck tomorrow with the sewing plans!

**Stopped at WalMart after Cub Scouts-head to the craft department, stand in front of the thread case and GASP! The white thread is empty! Empty I tell you! There is winter white, off white, ecru but no plain old, snow pure white! UGH! Then I notice the "specialty" thread-the skies opened up and the angels sang-there was literally ONE spool left. I grabbed it-whew!

No comments: