Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Childless

Anyone notice the time of night? Insomnia has struck-working 2nd shift today probably has not helped. Either way-tomorrow my monkey leaves for 10 days to visit his Poppa Buddy Buddy and Grammy-he is beyond excited. Mom however is torn between never been apart this long and never spent that much time with hubby alone before. Hubby and I met when Zach was 18 months old so we have never had more than 2 nights without Zach-this could be a challenge-LOL!!

Ok-so we decided that we would do something that we would not normally want to have an 8 year old tag along with us-we thought about Philly or Gettysburg but then I was looking through a new Quilt Magazine and saw this: http://www.quiltodyssey.com/ How cool Chocolate and Quilts!! We are THERE! Bless my hubby's heart he is truly willing to tag along to this with me on Saturday. Not sure what it will cost me for payback but I think Best Buy will be involved.

The house is coming together slowly but surely. We finally got the AC back on Monday afternoon-this past weekend was HORRIBLE. At one point it was 88 in the house. We have a window unit in our bedroom and the 3 of us pretty much hung out in there. There is still a hole in the ceiling-it is sealed with plastic and a promise to come back early in the week. The initial dust and grime has been cleaned but I think we will be dusting daily for weeks. I opened a drawer to an end table and it was full of crud from the collapse.

I should be working on my MB2 but I have all next week! I got my pattern scaled down to fit within the guidelines and was determined to use Stash Fabric-I think I will be successful-that could change after visiting the merchant mall on Saturday ;) Although I could just look for a "Me" project.

post signature

3 comments:

Gina said...

Looks good. Have some chocolate for me.

Love and hugs gina xxx

Anonymous said...

I'll be there dragging hubby along too! I'm looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

Well, I should clarify my "dragging hubby" comment. He doesn't mind going either. He just requested a Wii in return for visiting the show with me and OK'ing the purchase of a piece of equipment for my HQ16. Sounds like a fair trade to me :-)