Thursday, July 17, 2008

Packages!!

Some good news from yesterday, besides not being homeless, was that I got my ALQS quilt in the mail-all the way from Australia!! How amazing! Australia is on my families "Must See" list. Lynda Betts made this amazingly beautiful quilt for me! How lucky was I? It is a pineapple design in this great floral and polka-dot fabric-so retro!! The added bonus to this lovely piece is that it is HAND QUILTED and is of Moda fabrics (love love love Moda's). I cannot express how lovely this is, how much I love it and how badly I needed something good this week.

I took the picture outside and then put the quilt back in the box until we are done cleaning up the mess.

Thank you Lynda!!

My second box was my Connecting Threads order. I did open that inside in my bedroom, cleaned on Tuesday. I am okay impressed with what I bought. Things seem a big more rust/orangy than I thought they would be but I still like. I can't wait to get this cleaning done and be able to pull out my sewing. Thankfully the sewing room was an area the cloud of dust did not reach-helps that I usually keep the door closed.

Ok so to sum it up: I have been so lucky in my swaps-I have two absolutely beautiful quilts to hang in my room and I am so excited to get going on my Miniature Booty Swap 2 quilt.post signature

1 comment:

Gina said...

What a beautiful quilt.

I'm glad that you are getting back to some form of normality. You'll be sorted in no time and then it'll be back to sewing.

Love and hugs Gina xxx