Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mommmmmm

That is the response I got when I called to talk to my kid last night. OK granted I had already called him in the AM and interrupted a computer game and now I was interrupting him playing with the dog....I swear I could FEEL the eye roll through the phone!! So my monkey has been with Poppa since Wednesday-3 nights and I am missing him and want to be part of his adventures with Poppa. I am so proud that when I do talk to him he is not missing me and is so comfy with who and where he is that he doesn't miss me-sounds good huh? ;) OH well.

I have gotten some sewing done this week and am liking how my Miniature Booty Swap 2 is coming along. I chose a very geometrical design this time that requires fussy cutting and attention to where the colors are falling. Very outside of my comfort zone but I am enjoying the amount of thought I need to put into this-versus my normal strip piecing comfort zone. The pictures are the colors I am trying to put into the quilt. They are all from my stash!! I started with the red, the butterflies and the black. I need 6 and a main fabric-so where do I go in my stash for shiny fabrics with bits of gold....the HOLIDAY Bucket!!! That is where the cream and darker brown came from while the green and gold/yellow came from my Miranda Bag (love love my Miranda bag). I think this may be one of my first entirely stash projects-ever! Go Me!

We are off to Hershey today and if there is a sewing machine vendor with a Sapphire I think it is coming home with me-I have been hemming and hawing about this for MONTHS and I keep coming back to this machine. We will see-the dilemma is that 14 years ago I spent $400 on my Viking 310. My machine owes me nothing it has been great but I really want some more stitch options but am suffering from sticker shock-they are not $400 any more!!

MiniatureQuilter@blogspot got a new machine (Brothers Quilt Club 1000) and showed us the stipple stitch that her machine does-I love it and I want that!! I have to manually do my stipples which is fine but to just go on auto pilot would be awesome! Plus I want a bigger opening-I have a hard time machine quilting the throw size and cannot even think about a twin much less a queen. I would like to comfortably be able to maneuver the lap quilt size. I think Scott is tired of hearing about how a want a new machine-just buy it already is the look I am getting. So we will see....that money could buy a couple of new Coach purses-I like the new fall designs (oops just revealed a weakness-Coach and Donney). Ugh!!

All right enough rambling for now-gotta go shopping! I am taking the camera and hope to be able to share pics-

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The machine is wonderful, although I have had little time to quilt since I bought it! It is amazing, how did I get by without it before? It even bastes the quilt for me!