Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Whew-home!!

So we finished a 8 hour trip in 11.5 hours on Sunday because I-95 is a parking lot between Richmond, VA and DC. The hubby and I literally pulled out magazines to read while stopped in traffic. The child was enjoying the movie player.

Vacation was wonderful. I loved being so close to the beach and seeing all the family at once. It certainly relieves the stress of trying to get to everyone's house annually and if you get to one and not the other then you offend someone....you know the deal. The picture is of "Poppa Buddy Buddy" and Zach parasailing!!

I decided that this year we were going to have everyone come to us-we rented a house on the beach and invited eveyone to join us. I loved it-I got to be Aunt Shelly and spoil everyone rotten!

I was able to find 2 quilt shops in the area. One I had seen online that I was excited about closed! The other 2 were cute. I found some neat patterns and some nice blue and yellows. I am determined to find the "perfect" pattern and do myself something in blue and yellow to hand along side my Miniature Booty Swap. I like the color combo on the walls of my bedroom.

I took the escaping bugs quilt to sew the binding but didn't do even one stitch-much to the dismay of the child who wants to use the quilt. I promised to have it done this weekend.

I signed up for the Miniature Booty Swap II and am excited to start digging through the stash for those fabrics. I know I have plenty because of all the flag wall hangings I did a few years ago when the siblings were sent to Iraq the first time.

While I was gone I got a Connecting Threads catalog in the mail-I have never seen this one before and really loved it-89 dollars worth! Not much in quilt talk but after a week's vacation plenty enough. I won't share what I got because I want to scale down one of the patterns to fit the MBSII size guidelines. So you will just have to wait and see ;)


post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the catalog connecting threads. They have such great kits at reasonable prices. Welcome back!