Tuesday, July 1, 2008

On Vacation

Sorry for the lack of post's lately but last week was spent preparing for vacation and this week we are on vacation.

We have rented a beach house in Nags Head and all of my family is or will be here-the first time in 4 years. To us that is a big deal with 2 serving overseas every other year and 1 out to sea keeping our shores safe. BUT as the parents of an only child-it is quite hectic and we are seeking some quiet, don't have to share time in our room as I type this-poor bugger.

Yesterday my hubby, dad and I took 3 boys to the Jockey Ridge state park to climb the sand dunes. HOLY COW they were amazing. I am not in the best shape ever, not that I ever was so I can't even say-since....My hubby had his knee replaced in January and my dad is 63-we were trying to keep up with 2 8 year olds and a 4 year old. They had a blast running down the dune and sliding on their bums. I then had a plan to wear everyone out so that there would be no trouble sleeping so off we went to the beach-same crew. I was crazy but I was determined to wear them OUT! It was great fun and I have now had to promise to take the same crew again today. 4PM we have a date.

So there is no quilting going on, but a plan to find a fabric shop or 4 ;).

The kids love their pillows.

post signature

No comments: