Saturday, August 2, 2008

Got my kid back.-highly overrated.

Thursday was the LONGEST DAY EVER...We were leaving after work to head to NY to get our kid-whom we missed terribly. The hubby and I did well considering we have never had that much alone time. I had my computer turned off, my phone forwarded and Miranda ready to go at 3:10-I never walked out of the plant until after 4-buggers!
Got home loaded the car and off we went-it was amazing-I didn't even have to stop to potty! If you talk to the hubby a 4 hour trip requires on average 2 trips. I don't think I stop that much but I might out of boredom from riding.
So we get here and oh mercy I missed that child up until yesterday at about 11AM. Yup then the mouth kicked into high gear. Involved a melt down in Kohl's and a few threats in Old Navy-we were school clothes shopping. Not sure when the tide turned but it got better until about 4PM at the in-laws. Now don't you agree that a child acting up is the absolute worst when it happens in front of your mother in law!!! OMG I could have killed the child-he stood in front of me and told me "No-he wasn't doing that" All I asked for was a "please" when I demanded the item I had in my hand. His father intervened and nicely said that was not a nice way to talk to mommy and that he could have the item when he asked politely. Now mind you the room is quiet-the newborn even stopped fussing when the 8yro said "NO". If the couch would have opened up and fairies offered me a passage to the other side-I would have gladly gone....The child then told his father "NO-I don't have to" and walked outside.
Well we bid our goodbyes with me apologizing for his behavior....
The good news is he is alive but missing a few of his favorite belonging and activities for a few days or possibly life.


I don't think there is any fabric or quilt shops in the works for the weekend-although I am hoping for rain and that could change......
post signature

No comments: