Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer is over!

I am not really happy to see the days get shorter, colder and see the white stuff fly-but I am happy to see my kid go back to school! He needs structure and other children and the summer is just way to long for him. He is an only child (step sibling is 12 yrs older and 3 hrs away) and the neighborhood children have different rules so there is not much interplay-Crazy what other parents think is appropriate behavior for the 8 and under crowd!

Tonight was packed-5:15 we looked at a house that was a cute 2 story Cape Cod with a usable basement. Draw back is small bedrooms and the washer and dry in the basement. The hubby is retired so he is in charge of the "house" with the knee replacement in January steps are foe not friend. The good is the playhouse in the backyard, great entertaining kitchen/dining set up and wonderful backyard. Do the goods make up enough to help through the pain of packing and moving.....Nope.

6PM was soccer practice and 7PM was Meet the Teacher at school-let the fall BEGIN!! Soccer will be Tuesday and Thursday with Scouts also on Thursday and I am the weird Mom that will insist on Scouts over Soccer. I review many many resumes and never am I impressed with Team Captain as much as I am by Eagle Scout. Personal opinion that I will stand by and suffer many strange looks because of it.

I have stopped taking Master's Courses because going so soon after finishing my bachelor's the subject matter was painful. I had just taken all these courses and now had to take again but with an extra paper to make it Master's level-very annoying and I was disinterested. So I stopped taking them and today have signed up for my PHR certification courses. My career will be stalled without a Master's or my PHR - not that I am looking to leave I need to be prepared and show that I am moving forward-ahhh the politics of a career. So my Tuesday nights from September through November will be spent in a classroom.

So when will I get to sew? Weekends-the good part about school starting. Scott and Zach during the summer are ready to go go go on the weekends because they have been home at the house all week. So during the summer we tend to more day trips which cuts into my home time. During the school year days are busier and we ALL crave home time on the weekends. So I get machine time-plus-shhh don't tell-I am tucking away to buy a Little Grace frame. I found them on Ebay (gotta love it) for any where from &500-$800 and some with free shipping. If we find a 4 bedroom or a 3 bedroom with a family room it will be MINE!! Shhhhh-I have not shared my plan with the hubby. I gotta find a way to break it to him-this will entail me listening for something he would like and buying it for him-although the new PC for his birthday ought to count for something-oh yeah the new sewing machine. Shoot-hmmm think think think.

The MB2 is done and ready for the mail this weekend. I think I am going to finally quilt my Carol Doak paper pieced wall hanging from 10 years ago (I think-sound right Mom?). I have kept it rolled gently and the binding and backing stored with it so I didn't use them in something else. It is funny to look at it and see how dated the fabric is but it was great at the time and I fussed so much over finding the perfect shade of Periwinkle.

I will take a picture of it once I find the media card for my camera-Zach had it to print pictures from the last I saw it. Hmm that would be a good project for right now-there are pictures on it that I have not downloaded yet.

All right-have a nice night.

post signature

No comments: