Sunday, August 17, 2008

Non-Quilting Blog

How come the 2 days of the weekend fly by but the from Monday to Tuesday during the week will crawl! There is always so much i want to do and only a fraction of it gets done. Oh well.

Saturday we headed to Sunbury for the Riverfest. I was a nice town event-there was PLENTY of food, crafts, bands and a car show. Scott and Zach enjoyed the car show-how come they can't remember the "Honey Do" list yet they can rattle off the most mundane information about cars that existed well before their time. We did our normal walk through and then split up to each enjoy our own lunches. Zach calls is "trash"-not meant to be insulting but that it is junk food with not a veggie or fruit in sight. Scott headed to the hot sausage booth while Zach and I got fresh potato chips sprinkled with Old Bay Seasoning-YUMM!!!! OMG they were amazing! We got fresh lemonade and homemade Root Beer-Poppa-it was good! I had my Gyro and Zach had the corn dog on a stick. As we were wandering out we say deep fried Oreo's but there was no room.

Today the hubby asked what I had planned for the tomatoes he has been collecting from the garden....why does it have to be my idea?? So I spent the afternoon making homemade tomato sauce. The house smells delicious! I enlisted Zach to help and as we were working Zach said he wanted manicotti for dinner so off to Super Wally's we went for the ingredients. My mom gave me a recipe a while ago that I have not tried but pulled out for the manicotti-you use the no boil lasagna noodles instead of manicotti tubes. You soak the pasta sheets in boiling water for 5 minutes-they become pliable, you spread the filling over 3/4's of the noodle and roll! Manicotti roll ups! They were good and so much less work. Doubly good with the homemade tomato sauce.

I finished the binding on the MB2 swap and just printed the label. I decided to try a computer generated label instead of trying my best handwriting-which is not all that good. It printed a bit larger than I would have liked but next time I know to shrink it. I have decided to not do another swap right now as my other projects are piling up and I am of the personality that I only work on one thing at a time. Although I buy enough to be working on a hundred at a time. I really want to get moving on my BOM from Our Gathering Place in Montoursville. It is a paper pieced design using lite, medium and dark bali's. I have 2 months done but truly need to catch up plus there are some UFO's that need attention.


post signature

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

You and I spent today in the same way - making tomato sauce! This was the second weekend and we will do it again next weekend too.