Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A quilt story



I haven't done any quilting this week so I have no updates to show there so I thought I would show some stuff I have done in the past. Unfortunately this is not a flattering picture but I will share just the same: It is 12x12 and was my first attempt at applique and a miniature. At the time I had a 90 minute drive to work with 20 of those 90 minutes spent at stop lights in downtown Raleigh NC. I sewed the center while at those stop lights. You cannot tell from the picture but the fabrics are all of the same design just different colors. I love this quilt. I sewed magnets into pockets on the back so I can hang it on the cabinets in my office. I would love to do another one but cannot remember where the pattern came from-hmmm.

The top to the Booty Swap is done and now that my rectangle size has been approved I will add the borders this weekend. I need a cool variegated thread and had planned on heading to JoAnn's on Saturday but the new ad came today and if I am patient and wait until Sunday the thread will be 1/2 off along with the cutting accessories!! I have learned that paper piecing is rough on my rotary blades and am in need for some new ones!

Happy quilting Cyber Guild! ;)

1 comment:

jovaliquilts said...

Oh very pretty -- love the idea of magnets in the pockets.

I'm in the booty swap, too, and am just blog hopping slowly, trying to visit everyone's blog. Have fun!