Thursday, June 5, 2008

ALQS

Here is a tease picture of my ALQS-I have the binding to do. My hands have not been up to hand work at night-must be the weather or my work tasks lately-who knows. No worries though-it is small enough I can finish up in an afternoon. The Quilt Diva fabric is the back-I couldn't resist. I bought 2 yards of this a while back and have not looked at it since purchase. I was digging through the stash and thought it would be great as backs for these quilt swaps. The camera does not do justice to the colors. When it has arrived I will post the entire quilt and use the hubby's camera so it will translate better.

The next project after that you ask-Pillow Cases! I have read in the blogging world how easy they are, a neat way to use novelty fabrics and a great accessory to a quilt gift. So I get this ambitious idea to make all the children a unique pillow case and buy them pillows that they can use at the beach house when we all get together in July. Now mind you there are only 5 to make but they need to be done by June 26-27 and my work load is crazy this month. Plus I have a Charm Pack of Friends & Flowers that is screaming for me! Oh the pressure! The goal this weekend is to finish the pillow cases, buy pillows, bind the ALQS and cut the F&F fabrics-wallhanging design is all done in EQ.

Ok-enough for tonight-Lordy I cannot believe I am still up!

post signature

3 comments:

loulee said...

Oh Dear Shelly, I'm sure you will get your email. I've had something similar happen to me and like you I didn't let it put me off. The world of blogging quilters is a wonderful generous place which more than makes up for the odd hiccup.

Those blues look interesting, hmm....You tease.

Mom said...

I do sympathize with you since my partner totally flaked out and is not making a quilt! Your quilt is sweet.

Toni said...

Shelly you are NOT the only one. I'm very surprised on people manners of receiving these precious gifts that we make specific for them.

I'm glad to see this won't stop you from participating in future swaps. I too have learned so much during this swap.