Saturday, June 7, 2008

I should be sewing

I know, I know - I am supposed to be binding and making 3 pillow cases but it is such a lazy day and I haven't had one in so long. I was going to blame it on the heat but we have central air and the house is very comfy-so that won't work. I could blame it on being tired but I went to bed at 10 and woke at 7 so that won't work either. Can't think of anything else-oh well. The hubby just stated that he wants to do a late lunch, see a movie and go to Lowes. Guess I will have to get dressed shortly.

This is a picture of the Miranda Bag I made for a co-worker who admired mine and is not crafty-can you believe that exists??!! She traveled to Omaha for work and received numerous comments and awe that someone could make something like this-these types exist??!! Too funny-I am as shocked that people can't do these types of things when this is more my passion than my career-which I love too, but force me to choose and I think sewing would win.

I promise to touch my machine today-just later than originally planned.

post signature

3 comments:

ShellyH said...

This heat is terrible right now! That is an adoreable bag! I love the prints you used on it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your purse, I used the same fabric (shangra-la) double sided quilted fabric and made a simple purse, not nearly as nice as yours! I'm drooling! I can quilt, I just don't get those directions for purses and the zipper thing. Mine is nice as long as you don't look to close!!

Shelly said...

I have never made a purse before this. I love it! I use it as a briefcase-it holds my laptop and all the pockets are great for cell phones and my MP3 player.

I love the Shangra-La Line-I have a jelly roll and 2 charm packs that are waiting for just the right thing.

Thank you.