Monday, June 16, 2008

"And where do you think they will fit?"

The comment from the hubby as I explained why I had bought 5 pillows and intended to take them to NC with us. I did not make pillowcases to cover pillows that they will lounge around on and then have them use their bed pillows!!! These will be for use in their new pillowcases that they can drag to the beach for all I care. "I don't think we will have room for much extra" Hmph-no worries yee of little faith-I also bought SPACE BAGS!!!????? What you are seeing is my 5 pillows compressed to the size of 2! Isn't that neat? Well Dear-they will fit in the car with the rest of the luggage.....Here is a picture of the pillow cases themselves. Can you tell there is one girl in all these boys.

During the week I spent one night cutting the 3 pieces, the next night ironing and pinning the "hotdog" together and the third night sewing the seams. I sat on the porch pulling the tubes right side out and grading the seams which drew some attention from the neighbor. She could not believe that I was actually making pillowcases-how talented. It always amazes me when someone says that because to me it is so easy and makes sense.

Here is my ALQS that is headed to the mailbox on Wednesday. I love the colors. The picture does not do the colors justice and I failed to take a picture over the weekend outside. Oh well-maybe the recipient will have better luck conveying the colors in a photo. Maybe it is the lime green of the walls that is the distraction. Not my choice-the walls were painted when I moved in and I kind of like how bright it makes the room so I keep them.

post signature

2 comments:

loulee said...

Your swap quilt looks great, someone will love it for sure.

Shelly said...

Thanks Loulee!